Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2009

Challenge completed (Week 52)

Since I'll be gone for Christmas soon, I figured out that today would be the last day to complete and post my result of yesterday's challenge.

In a rather half-hearted approach I paired the blouse with a grey cardigan, dark blue skinny jeans, boots and pearls and rushed off to work.

Although I like the combination of the cardi and blouse, I think I'd rather match the two with a skirt and mary janes instead of jeans and boots, which are quite a contrast to the delicate fabric of the blouse. On the other hand, it was a good way to dress it down a little bit and make it class-appropriate. Hmm.

Anyway, since the weather decided it would be a both snowy and rainy morning, it's not like I had a choice. Temperatures have been rising during the past days, and now all the snow finally started to melt...into brownish slime, which doesn't really leave me with many shoe choices.

But, to put an end to my complaints, I'm happy that I finally did wear the blouse and felt quite comfortable doing so (that's quite an issue for me because I feel "out of my comfort zone" easily). Actually, here's why I think I might wear it more often in the future: I simply hadn't considered using it as a layering item before, because it seemed a little too dressy, but never managed to create a nice outfit around it when I did have to dress up. However, with today's experience, I'm confident I'll be able to create alternative layered outfits with a little more glam than usual. :)

Blouse: H&M, challenged
Cardigan: Benetton, remixed
Jeans: Levi's, remixed
Earrings: Bijou Brigitte
Necklace: Flohmarkt (thrifted)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen